October 14, 2010

TELEVISION PROGRAMMING

RED CARD Sometimes I just get so frustrated by the decisions of the "powers that be." Why is it that we have that stupid show about the Kardashians or dancing or hurting yourself or losing weight or breaking up or falling in love but we can't keep snows on the air like Arrested Development and Flash Forward? I mean, it's not all bad, I do love 30 Rock, Modern Family and I will always honor Seinfeld. I'm hoping it's no surprise (well unless you are an idiot) that as THE REF, I enjoy shows that intelligently mock idiotic behavior. But sadly, today there are just so many bad shows on the air, I can't even keep track. Thank goodness the cable networks are picking up some of the slack, honestly who doesn't love Weeds and Dexter? And don't even get me started on Six Feet Under, that was truly a great show. Oh how I miss it.

I get it; some people just want to turn off their brain function when they watch TV. But I will continue to wait for another show that gives us such hilarious characters as the Bluths. I'm hopeful that they attempted it with Running Wilde but it doesn't seem to be delivering. So I guess what I'm saying is the state of TV programming gets a big red flag. No show has made me laugh as hard as GOB and Tobias (analrapist). Or how funny was the Cornballer, the guest appearances by Liza and the Fonz, and being “never nude?” Man, that show was hilarious! Ironically, it never even had a chance to “jump the shark.” So please if there are any shows out there that are worth my attention and engage my intelligence, let me know!

No comments: