October 24, 2010

SELF CHECKOUT

YELLOW CARD I've just returned from the grocery store and the experience has reaffirmed my belief that there are just way too many idiots on this planet. I’m a single, urban female and therefore don’t buy that much each time I go the grocery. So, I frequently use the self checkout lane. However, it is never a simple, speedy process. When I first arrive at the checkout with my three or four items, I have to channel my psychic powers and try to predict which one of the people in front of me are the least moronic. The majority of the people waiting at self checkout simply should not be there. A person whose purchase is mostly produce, should not be there. A person who doesn’t understand what a barcode is and how to scan one, should not be there. A person who can’t quickly bag their own items, should not be there. A person who doesn’t have their rewards card and method of payment out and ready to go, should not be there. A person who has a lot of roaming children they have to keep corralled, should not be there. A person with more than ten items, should not be there. And so on. It’s not surprising to me that I am not the only one to have this problem; there are countless videos on YouTube about this. I love these videos like this one that are actually a “how-to” video; if you need instructions on how to use a self checkout lane, you definitely should not be waiting in that line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! And also people who purchase alcohol! If you know you'll have to show your ID to the sales representative, why on earth would you go to the self check-out lane and slow down the process by waiting for someone to come for like 5 minutes???