November 2, 2010

PLANE BOARDING

RED CARD Why, oh why, does it take so long to board a plane? When stupid people arrive at their seat aisle on an airplane do they (a) not realize that the people behind them can't get by them or (b) just not care? I do not understand why it takes so long to board a plane. I fly Southwest frequently, I love its boarding groups and no baggage fee policy, but I have found that this much freedom gives way to an unbelievable amount of idiotic behavior. Last time I flew Boston to Chicago it was 6am; therefore the plane was pretty empty. There were about 60 passengers for a plane that accommodates approximately 165 people. So why is it everyone fought over squeezing into the first 10 rows? I kid you not, a couple waited to squeeze into a row where every other seat was full instead of moving towards the back where there were completely empty rows? I moved toward the back and got tons of room to myself, I was so excited to spread out. But of course some idiot had to sit next me, versus the many empty rows still left! Is this proof that humans are in fact sheep, and will only go where the flock goes? And my final thought, if it's going to take you forever to lift your carryon into the overhead bin, move into the row and let the rest of us get by. This seems so obvious but there are just so many idiots that can't get it into their heads.

No comments: